Share!

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

January 2014 Visit to Barcelona, Spain

So I'm in Barcelona, Spain for the week! How in the world did that happen?
Well........
Back in the late Fall, my colleague Daniel mentioned he was going to be in Europe conducting for about a month and a half and that he might need some help. I said "say that a little louder?!" and we made it happen! I'm super excited to be here for the week helping as needed with chamber orchestra rehearsals of the Filharmonia Iberia and WOW - they are making a recording! How cool! I'm learning new repertoire as well as watching premieres of two works happen in collaboration with the orchestrator Melani Mestre. Here's a picture of the concert advertisement:
Photo
For me, I am happy to BE IN BARCELONA! I'm learning a new city, I'm getting to hang out with my dear friend Daniel and his family, and I'm not in New Orleans for the "sneauxmageddon" (dusting of snow and some ice/sleet) which closed my university and most of the city for two days!
Here is a link to my Facebook album from Barcelona (SO FAR! I will be adding many more pictures to it) https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10100515250196297.1073741832.2613080&type=1&l=c3520c369f
Having attended two rehearsals 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and then taken long walks around the city, I believe that tomorrow I will actually go inside the Sagrada familia and take some "real pictures" with my new camera! You know, I really should mention that this trip is very coming at an important time for me and that I'm also finding myself able to use it and the time in cafes for some deep thoughts. I'll write about those a little later on, but they involve some self study and some time with God. Maybe I should call some of the posts "Coffee Time with God" because ever since the early Fall, that's usually when I feel able to experience some deep spiritual thoughts. At any rate, I'm so glad to be back in my blogging mode after several months off.

If you're reading any of the joyful gibberish, I hope you have either a margarita (to make sense of it all) or some coffee in hand (to stay awake). :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment