Share!

Saturday, October 17, 2015

Lord, Make Me a Channel of Disturbance: The "Reverse St. Francis Prayer"

Lord, make me a channel of disturbance.
Where there is apathy, let me provoke;
Where there is compliance, let me bring questioning;
Where there is silence, may I be a voice.
Where there is too much comfort and too little action, grant disruption;
Where there are doors closed and hearts locked,
Grant the willingness to listen.
When laws dictate and pain is overlooked...
When tradition speaks louder than need...
Grant that I may seek rather to do justice than to talk about it;
Disturb us, O Lord.
To be with, as well as for, the alienated;
To love the unlovable as well as the lovely;
Lord, make me a channel of disturbance.

~ Author unknown
Chapel at the Jvaris Mlonastery near Tbilisi, Georgia by Caroline Carson, 2015


1 comment:

  1. Comforting and affirming to those of us who tend to be 'disturbers of the peace'. Thanks...I love the prayer!
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete