Share!

Saturday, December 12, 2015

#AdventWord #WAIT - Wait, but not too long!

Today's #AdventWord is #WAIT
Sometimes we wait for things to ripen or to be "ready", but be careful not to wait too long. Perhaps this will resonate with you: I hear that quote "life is what happens while you're making plans"... and I think: life is also happening while people wait and then wait too long, often forgetting what it was they were waiting for or even their hopes and dreams. I see people dying before they've tried what they wanted to try. Remember to actually DO or TRY some of the things on your bucket list as there are reasons why the items are listed! I see people waiting for the OTHER person to forgive, to change, or to grow in the direction the waiting individual feels is appropriate. For a while I waited, for someone, alone, trying too hard and being too worried about being on my own. Then, I realized that I didn't have a reason to wait. I had to go out and live. Most of the time, it is true that "a body at rest, stays at rest." I ended up being awesomely confident, still open to meet people at any time, and went on to finish graduate degrees and travel the world. Waiting itself isn't bad, but waiting for your life to "become" or "come to you" isn't necessarily going to happen. You must get out there and live it. In some of my favorite words from William Wallace (d. 1305)
"Every man dies. Not every many truly lives"
Let a little wind lift you so you can get moving. You never know how you may be transformed.
I went paragliding while in Slovenia!
‪#‎Episcopal‬ ‪#‎Anglican‬ ‪#‎SSJE‬ ‪#‎EDOLA‬ AdventWord was created by SSJE (The Society of St. John the Evangelist) and is the Anglican Communion's Global Advent Calendar. I'm using it as a daily meditation, prayer, photo post, and a way to connect in spirit to millions during this season of light and hope. You can join me in creating your own. Just take a picture and post it with the day's AdventWord tags! Click HERE for their website and for their daily AdventWords.

No comments:

Post a Comment