Share!

Friday, May 8, 2015

"Only in Sleep" by Eriks Esenvalds

Only in Sleep

Text: Sara Teasdale
Music: Ēriks Ešenvalds

I LOVE this YouTube recording! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvPynMI6Umc 

(The whole "Northern Lights" album here, downloadable from iTunes)

Only in sleep I see their faces,
Children I played with when I was a child,
Louise comes back with her brown hair braided,
Annie with ringlets warm and wild.

Only in sleep Time is forgotten –
What may have come to them, who can know?
Yet we played last night as long ago,
And the doll-house stood at the turn of the stair.

The years had not sharpened their smooth round faces,
I met their eyes and found them mild –
Do they, too, dream of me, I wonder,
And for them am I too a child?


This amazing piece of choral music and this outstanding performance by the Trinity College Choir, conducted by Steven Layton are such a GORGEOUS pairing!

No comments:

Post a Comment